Research Intern, Full Body Capture and Reconstruction (PhD University Student)
Facebook Reality Labs(FRL) is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative interns with a passion for technology to develop the next generation of virtual humans. The focus of our roles is on full body capture and reconstruction. Our internships are twelve (12) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Markerless motion capture
- Dense 3D surface deformation and reconstruction
- Statistical deformation models
- Physics based animation and simulation
- Applied machine learning
- Design and execution of algorithms
- Prototyping, building and analysis of experimental systems
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results
- Pursuing a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics
- Currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- 2+ years experience with developing machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory, 3D geometry, and physics based simulation
- 2+ years experience with C/C++, numerical optimization, and/or machine learning
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- 2+ years experience with developing computer vision, 3D geometry capture, Non-rigid deformation, Physics based simulation
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated in accepted papers at top computer vision and machine learning related conferences such as CVPR, ECCV, NIPS, etc.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top