Research Intern, Full Body Capture and Reconstruction (PhD)
Facebook Reality Labs(FRL) is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative interns with a passion for technology to develop the next generation of virtual humans. The focus of our roles is on full body capture and reconstruction.
* Markerless motion capture
* Dense 3D surface deformation and reconstruction
* Statistical deformation models
* Physics based animation and simulation
* Applied machine learning
* Differentiable rendering
* Point cloud representations
Our internships are twelve (12) to sixteen (16) or twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
RESEARCH INTERN, FULL BODY CAPTURE AND RECONSTRUCTION (PHD) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and execution of algorithms
- Prototyping, building and analysis of experimental systems
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Must be available for 3 month to 6 month internship between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship
- 2 or more years of experience with developing machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory, 3D geometry capture, non-rigid deformation, and physics based simulation
- 2 or more years of experience with C/C++, numerical optimization, and/or machine learning
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated in accepted papers at top computer vision and machine learning related conferences such as CVPR, ECCV, NIPS, etc.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top