Research Intern, Eye and Face Tracking
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research Redmond is looking for exceptional interns to help create the next generation of virtual and augmented reality. Our research focuses on true solutions to complex tracking problems, delivering novel technologies and algorithms fundamental to future VR and AR systems. You’ll have the unique opportunity to work with industry-leading researchers and engineers who are defining the future of VR.
Our research topics include (but are not limited to) the following areas:
- Computer vision and machine learning, with an emphasis on tracking eyes and/or faces
- Geometric modelling and non-linear optimization for tracking or compact representation of high-dimensional functions.
- Photometric reconstruction of eyes and faces using advanced capture and rendering techniques
- Statistical modelling of oculomotor systems and sensor fusion algorithms
- Eye movement prediction and perceptual control loops
In particular, we welcome candidates who strive for a deep understanding of complex systems, and a strong desire to push beyond state-of-the-art. We also welcome students with a passion for working in a strongly collaborative team that spans research across algorithms, hardware design and systems prototyping.
Our team at Oculus Research offers sixteen (16) weeks long internship with flexible starting dates.
- Research, model, design, and/or build novel tracking architectures.
- Fundamental analysis and understanding of emitters, signal reflectance models from complex surfaces, and sensors that form novel tracking systems.
- Collaborate with researches and engineers across diverse disciplines.
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results.
- Pursuing a PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Applied Math or a related STEM field
- Currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. Github)
- Experience with C/C++, numerical optimization, and/or machine learning
- Experience with basic optical systems, with an emphasis on the optics of the human eye
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated in accepted papers at top computer vision and machine learning related conferences such as CVPR, ECCV, NIPS, etc.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top