Research Intern, Electromagnetic Simulation
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The focus of this role is on design, modeling and simulation of the devices with the help of a multidisciplinary team of researchers. The candidate will work closely with an interdisciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and technicians in an interactive environment.
- Conduct finite element modeling and analysis in electromagnetic and multi-physics domain
- Perform modeling of mechanisms for dynamics and force analysis
- Modeling magnets and the motion of objects in static and time-varying electromagnetic fields
- Involve in finite element modeling and analysis in structural domain
- Interpret analysis results and convert them to design suggestions
- 3+ years experience with finite element modeling and analysis
- Proficient in the use of Comsol Multiphysics: both in structural mechanics and AC/DC module
- Experience in using a variety of engineering tools like FEA, MATLAB, MathCAD, Excel, etc.
- Must be hands-on, team player, self-motivated and capable of completing tasks with minimum supervision in a dynamic environment
- Ability to approach unfamiliar subjects with curiosity and an eagerness to learn new skills
- Ph.D. in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with a focus on finite element analysis and modeling
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top