Research Intern, Computer Vision and Real-Time Tracking
(Redmond, WA – Sausalito, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research Redmond is looking for exceptional interns to help us create next generation experiences in virtual and augmented reality. Our computer vision/tracking research spans everything from deep learning, 3D tracking of articulated and deformable objects, geometric and appearance modeling, physically-based modeling, novel sensor design, and human computer interaction. We want to build a broad virtual reality research community, so we encourage publishing.
We’re looking for students interested in the following areas:
- Computer vision / optical tracking of objects, hands, bodies, including interactions between objects, hands and bodies.
- Geometrical representations of hands and bodies for fast simulation and tracking -Appearance modeling for hands and bodies
- Physical simulation of soft contact, deformation models for grasp
- Working with exotic sensors (e.g. pressure, RF) to improve upon optical tracking
- Design and fast evaluation of deep neural networks
- Interaction design for hands in virtual reality
Computer vision (e.g. tracking), computer graphics (e.g. physically-based modeling), robotics and machine learning (e.g. deep learning) backgrounds are particularly welcome!
Our internships are twelve (12) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Design and execution of algorithms
- Prototyping / building systems
- Designing user studies and experiments
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results
- Pursuing a PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Robotics, Applied Math or a related STEM field
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Proven track record of achieving significant results
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or PhD papers
- Experience with C/C++, numerical optimization, and/or machine learning
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top