Research Intern, Computational Imaging-Optimization &Graphics (PhD Univ Student)
Facebook Reality Labs are a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative research interns with a passion for technology to develop next-generation head-mounted display and imaging systems at our research location in Redmond, WA. These roles are focused on developing computational imaging methods that leverage the co-design of optical elements, rendering techniques, and image processing algorithms. In particular we welcome Masters or PhD students in computer science, optical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, or similar, with a strong background in computer graphics, applied mathematics, and the solution of inverse problems in imaging.
Our internships are sixteen (16) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Explore the application of rendering and computational imaging methods to virtual and augmented reality, emphasizing the development of advanced simulations, algorithms, and hardware capabilities
- Collaborate with the larger Oculus Research team and provide creative leadership on rendering and computational imaging methods
- Publish research results in top-tier journals and at leading international conferences
- Pursuing a Masters or PhD degree in the field of Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field
- Currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- 2+ years experience with computer graphics
- 2+ years experience with scientific programming in Matlab, Mathematica, Python, C++, or similar
- 3+ years experience with C++
- Able to obtain work authorization in the United States between January 1, 2019, and December 31 2019
- Experience with (OpenGL or DirectX or Vulkan) and (OpenCL or CUDA or Compute Shaders)
- Demonstrated experience via internships, work experience, research projects, course projects, or widely used contributions to open source projects
- Strong mathematical skills
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by first-authored publications (e.g., SIGGRAPH/Eurographics, CVPR/ICCV/ECCV, Optics Express, etc.)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top