Research Intern, Brain-Computer Interface Engineer (PhD University Student)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is dedicated to the research and development required to bring virtual and augmented reality to billions of people around the world. We have a brain-computer interface engineer internship available, working with our multidisciplinary Brain-Computer-Interface (BCI) team at Facebook's Menlo Park office, where we are developing novel wearable neural interface technologies. Our internship is twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Apply state-of-the-art methods for neural signal acquisition for brain-computer interface applications for use in virtual and augmented reality systems
- Dynamically integrate multi-modal data streams
- Analyze real-time neural signal recordings
- PhD candidate in biomedical engineering, neuroscience, electrical engineering, physics or related discipline
- Currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- 4+ years experience in bioinstrumentation or circuit design
- Demonstrated experience in signal processing
- Demonstrated experience in real-time techniques
- Must be available for 3-6 month internship between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Experience programming with Python, C++
- Experience with human-computer interaction, e.g. brain-computer interface, biofeedback, real-time UX
- Experience modeling neural data modalities, e.g. EEG, MEG, ECoG, fMRI, EMG
Back to top