Research Intern, Artificial Intelligence
- Pittsburgh, PA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Facebook is seeking Research Interns to join Facebook AI Research (FAIR). We are committed to advancing the field of artificial intelligence by making fundamental advances in technologies to help interact with and understand our world. We are seeking individuals passionate in areas such as deep learning, computer vision, audio and speech processing, natural language processing, machine learning, reinforcement learning, computational statistics, and applied mathematics. Our interns have an opportunity to make core algorithmic advances and apply their ideas at an unprecedented scale. Many of our interns publish at top tier conferences such as NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, and ACL. This internship has a minimum 12-week duration. We have openings in our Menlo Park, New York, Seattle, and Pittsburgh offices. Internships will be awarded on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early. Applicants are expected to be pursuing a PhD in one of the areas listed above; outstanding Masters and Bachelor students may also be considered. To learn more about our research visit https://research.facebook.com.
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines
- Perform research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, and other modalities)
- Devise better data-driven models of human behavior, and/or
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a degree (PhD, Masters, or Bachelors with relevant research experience) in Computer Science or related field
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Publications or experience in machine learning, AI, computer vision, optimization, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or data science
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Ability to manipulate and analyze complex, large scale, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Experience in utilizing theoretical and empirical research to solve problems
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Knowledge in C, C++, Python, Lua or other related programming language
- Experience building systems based on machine learning and/or deep learning methods
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
Back to top