Research Intern - Applied Eye Tracking (PhD)
Our XR Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future AR/VR products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural input and beyond, XR Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up. Computer vision and machine learning are core to creating great virtual reality technology. As a research intern with the AR/VR team you'll be solving challenging problems that will help transform virtual reality from dream into reality. Specifically, we're driving advancements in eye tracking and gaze estimation, which involves work with machine learning, stereo imaging, 3D geometry and image processing. We're seeking a dedicated engineer to join our team and contribute to the future of eye tracking in VR.
RESEARCH INTERN - APPLIED EYE TRACKING (PHD) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop and implement novel eye tracking and gaze estimation algorithms across AR/VR products
- Contribute to cutting edge research in machine learning/computer vision that can be applied to future AR/VR products
- Devise data-driven techniques to characterize the performance of eye tracking systems
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD degree in Computer Vision, Computer Science, Machine Learning or a related technical field.
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Familiar with at least one deep learning tools and packages like pyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.
- Experience with Python or C++
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Publications in top-tier journals and conferences
- Experience with production machine learning projects
- Experience with On-device/CPU/GPU optimization
- Experience with 3D geometry / stereo vision.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top