Research Intern (AI) - Tel Aviv
Facebook is seeking Research Interns to join Facebook AI Research (FAIR). We are committed to advancing the field of artificial intelligence by making fundamental advances in scientific methods and technologies to help interact with and understand our world. We are seeking individuals passionate in areas such as deep learning, computer vision, audio and speech processing, natural language processing, machine learning, reinforcement learning, computational statistics, and applied mathematics. Our interns have an opportunity to make core algorithmic advances and apply their ideas at an unprecedented scale. Many of our interns publish at top tier conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ACL, NAACL, and EMNLP. This internship has a minimum 12-week duration beginning in January. Internships will be awarded on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early. Applicants are expected to be pursuing a PhD in one of the areas listed above; outstanding Masters students may also be considered, as will B.S. candidates intending to enroll in a graduate program at the conclusion of the internship. To learn more about our research, visit: https://research.fb.com/category/facebook-ai-research-fair
RESEARCH INTERN (AI) - TEL AVIV RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent systems.
- Perform research that improves understanding and representation of the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, and other modalities).
- Devise data-driven models of human behaviour.
- Influence progress of relevant research communities by producing publications.
- Collaborate and increase productivity on existing research projects.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a(n) Masters / PhD degree.
- Publications or experience in fields related to in machine learning, AI, computer vision, natural language processing, computational neuroscience, optimisation, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or data science.
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Ability to manipulate and analyse large scale, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Experience in utilising theoretical and empirical research to solve problems.
- Ability to communicate research for public audiences of peers
- Knowledge in a programming language.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship / co-op.
- Pursuing a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related field.
- First-author publications at peer-reviewed AI conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ACL, NAACL, and EMNLP).
- Experience building systems based on machine learning and/or deep learning methods.
- Research and software engineer experience demonstrated via an internship, work experience, or coding competitions.
- Knowledge in Python, Lua, C++, C, C# and/or Java.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top