Research Intern (AI)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.Facebook is seeking Research Interns to join Facebook AI Research (FAIR). We are committed to advancing the field of artificial intelligence by making fundamental advances in technologies to help interact with and understand our world. We are seeking individuals passionate in areas such as deep learning, computer vision, audio and speech processing, natural language processing, machine learning, reinforcement learning, computational statistics, and applied mathematics. Our interns have an opportunity to make core algorithmic advances and apply their ideas at an unprecedented scale. Many of our interns publish at top tier conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, and ACL.
This internship has a minimum 12-week duration beginning in January. We have openings in our Menlo Park, New York, and Seattle offices. Internships will be awarded on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early. Applicants are expected to be pursuing a PhD in one of the areas listed above; outstanding masters students may also be considered.
The application deadline for a Winter Internship is October 15, 2017.
To learn more about our research visit https://research.facebook.com.
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines
- Perform research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, and other modalities)
- Devise better data-driven models of human behavior, and/or
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development
- Pursuing a degree (PhD or Masters with relevant research experience) in Computer Science or related field
- Publications or experience in machine learning, AI, computer vision, optimization, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or data science
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Ability to manipulate and analyze complex, large scale, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Experience in utilizing theoretical and empirical research to solve problems
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Knowledge in C, C++, Python, Lua or other related programming language
- Experience building systems based on machine learning and/or deep learning methods
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2017
- Pursuing a PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top