Research Hardware Engineer, Device Characterization (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research, the research division of Oculus (Facebook), is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated research scientist to undertake research on characterization of state of the art semiconductor devices for display applications at both wafer and device level. This role is particularly suited to a Research Scientist who wishes to further develop their career in a vibrant, multidisciplinary and fast-moving research environment.
- Design and build hardware for characterization research for the next generation of compound semiconductor microLEDs.
- Define and develop characterisation techniques for future microled architectures
- Work with the other research teams to understand the observed behavior of devices with an aim to rapidly improving device overall performance and integrating them effectively into microLED based RGB displays.
- Design test routines for appropriate wafer and device test structures
- Support optical and device modeling by providing high quality characterization data
- Promote and support innovation to facilitate IP generation as appropriate
- Interface with suppliers and partners, from a technical and project management perspective
- Masters or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Nanoelectronics, Electronic Engineering , or related field
- 2+ years experience in measurement and characterization of micro and nano scale semiconductor devices.
- Knowledge of micro and nano-fabrication of optoelectronic devices such as LEDs and lasers, and the physics of their behavior
- Knowledge of display test methodologies and equipment
- Software development for interfacing with test hardware over GPIB or LAN using LABVIEW, C++, VEE or similar
- Test-bench & equipment commission, setup and use
- Good understanding of time-domain, frequency domain and temperature based measurements is preferred.
- Good writing and oral communication skills in English.
- Hands on approach to test and data acquisition
- Problem Solver and results oriented.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top