Research Engineer - Neural Interface Interactions
- New York, NY
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) is looking for Research Engineers to help us unleash human potential by erasing the bottlenecks between intent and action. Our neural interface research and development lies at the intersection of computational neuroscience, machine learning, signal processing, statistics, biophysics and human-computer interaction.
Our work presents fascinating HCI challenges, and solving them is crucial to the success of the technology. We have lots to learn about how to help users succeed with neural interfaces. It's fun, it's novel, and we need help from people who are creative, inspiring and driven. We are seeking talented engineers who are passionate about working on the "full stack" of HCI problems, from low-level input processing all the way up to the application and interface. Join our world-class team of researchers, interaction designers, hardware engineers, and other brilliant minds as we bring a game changing technology to life and make science fiction a reality!
- Explore, experiment with, and build forward-looking interactions that are uniquely enabled by neural interface technology
- Work in a tight loop with neuroscientists and machine learning experts to unlock and perfect new capabilities to build interactions upon
- Design and implement AR/VR experiences which explore neural interfaces in a variety of environments and situations
- Collaborate with user researchers to measure and evaluate progress on promising interactions
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in HCI, UI/UX, AR/VR, graphics, gaming, or other interactive development
- Experience developing with Unity, Unreal, or other 2D/3D engines
- Advanced degree in CS, HCI or related field
- Experience tackling HCI problems on novel/prototype hardware
- Experience with real time data processing: filtering, smoothing, debouncing, etc.
- Comfort with 3D math, linear algebra, or numerical optimization
- Experience with machine learning algorithms
- Experience working with data in Python/Numpy/Jupyter
- Experience with React/Redux/TypeScript
Back to top