Research Engineer, Computer Vision - Prototyping Support (PhD University Grad)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
You have a background in Computer Vision with a deep C++ skillset and a passion for rapid prototyping systems to prove your idea. At Oculus Research, you'll work on cutting-edge research projects that explore the future of Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). Come work with a world-class team experimenting with bold ideas in areas including Computer Vision, 3-D Graphics and Machine Learning. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
- Work closely with Research Scientists for rapid prototyping techniques and algorithms for AR/VR/machine perception.
- Tune research algorithms into highly optimized routines ready for consumer product integration.
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural trade-offs required to rapidly deliver software solutions.
- Develop software for a variety of consumer devices, including state-of-the-art sensing, tracking, imaging and rendering systems.
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency.
- Learn constantly and dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years C++ experience with mastery of modern C++ features.
- Background in Computer Vision.
- Real-Time computer graphics and modern GPU programming (CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL, DirectX)
- Prototyping skills.
- Proven track record of computer vision software development, including shipping one or more products of high complexity, or maintenance of popular open-source software.
- Problem solving and optimization ability.
- Experience working in a Unix environment.
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Must be available to start employment on or after August 2017.
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017.
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. Github)
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, and participation at leading workshops or conferences such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV SIGGRAPH, BMVC, etc.
- Low-level optimization experience (SSE, AVX)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top