Research Engineer - Computer Vision (PhD)
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Reality Labs team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to AR/VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, we are committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. AR and VR potential to change the world is immense -- and were just getting started. Our XR Insight team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future AR/VR products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural input and beyond, XR Insight is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
- Invent, analyze, design, develop and optimize real time VR and AR computer vision algorithms in areas related to 3D reconstruction, SLAM, object detection and tracking, sensor fusion, and sensor calibration
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural trade-offs required to rapidly deliver software solutions
- Develop software for a variety of consumer devices, including novel sensing systems, tracking systems, imaging systems and haptic devices
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR and VR problem solving
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining PhD in, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics, Computational Photography or related technical field
- 2+ Years Experience with C++ using modern features
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Experience in geometric computer vision, including tracking, visual-inertial odometry, sensor/display calibration, large-scale structure from motion or relocalization technologies
- Background in optics or computational imaging
- Experience in GPU programming such as CUDA
- Broad understanding of the full machine vision pipeline from sensors to high-level algorithms
- Proven publication track record at conferences such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR, NeuRIPS, ECCV, ICCV, ICML, RSS, ICRA, IROS, etc.
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. GitHub)
Back to top