Research Engineer - AR/VR Input and Interaction
- Redmond, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), our goal is to define and deliver the novel input and interaction solutions to enable virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences. We are looking for creative, skilled and motivated Research Engineers to join our research team and help us define the interaction solutions of the future. Our input and interaction research and development lies at the intersection of human-computer interaction, machine learning, signal processing, statistics, and wearable input devices. We are seeking talented engineers who are passionate about working on the "full stack" of HCI problems, from low-level input processing all the way up to the application and interface. Join our team of researchers, interaction designers, hardware engineers, neuroscientists, and other brilliant minds as we bring a game changing technology to life and make science fiction a reality!
- Partner closely with research scientists to execute advanced novel sensing, signal processing, and sensor fusion solutions for more expressive body interactions
- Explore, experiment with, build and evaluate forward-looking interactions that are uniquely enabled by our novel hardware and sensing technologies
- Design and implement AR/VR experiences to explore our input and interaction solutions in a variety of environments and situations
- Learn constantly, educate others, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving in a collaborative research environment
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- MS in computer science, human-computer interaction, electrical engineering, bioinformatics, robotics or related field
- 5+ years experience in development of real-time interactive solutions in AR/VR, graphics, gaming, UI/UX/HCI or other interactive application areas
- 5+ years experience developing in C/C++
- Experience applying machine learning, optimization, or statistical inference to interactive problems
- PhD in CS, HCI or related field
- Experience with the research process (e.g., having participated on an academic publication)
- Experience with 2 of the following:
- Tackling HCI problems on novel/prototype hardware
- Real time data processing: filtering, smoothing, etc.
- Experience with developing in Unity, Unreal or other 3D game engine
- Working with data in Python/Numpy/Jupyter
- Web development in React/Redux/TypeScript/WebXR
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top