Research Engineer, Artificial Intelligence (University Grad)
In this role, you will embed deeply with researchers at Facebook AI Research (FAIR) and develop experiments and prototypes at the frontier of AI Research. You will need to engage with research topics and cover new domains quickly; build deep expertise with Facebook data and tools; apply high standards to the research code around you and develop an ability to identify highly impactful projects in a complex and unexplored domain. You will gain valuable experience in artificial intelligence and AI, publish academic papers and help push forward the understanding of learning and intelligent systems. To learn more about our research, visit (https://research.facebook.com).
RESEARCH ENGINEER, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (UNIVERSITY GRAD) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop highly scalable algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies.
- Collaborate with Facebook AI Research (FAIR) Scientists to facilitate research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, and other modalities).
- Apply knowledge of relevant research domains along with expert coding skills to platform and framework development projects.
- Adapt machine learning and neural network algorithms and architectures to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU).
- Experience in developing and debugging in C/C++ and/or Python.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a degree (PhD, Masters or Bachelors with relevant research experience) in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience building systems based on machine learning (especially deep learning) methods.
- Experience using frameworks like PyTorch, Caffe2, TensorFlow, Theano, Keras, and/or Chainer.
- Experience with storage systems, distributed systems, HPC, compilers, and/or CUDA programming.
- Research and software engineer experience demonstrated via an internship, contributions to open source, work experience, or coding competitions.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Research Scientist, AI
Pittsburgh, PA + 4 More
- Research Scientist, Virtual Humans (PhD)
- Research Scientist, Virtual Humans - Speech Synthesis (PhD)
- Visiting Scientist - Facebook AI Research (US)
Pittsburgh, PA + 4 More
- Visiting Scientist - Trust in AI (US)
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
- Visiting Scientist, AI
Pittsburgh, PA + 3 More
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top