(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Community Operations’ focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people’s issues and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.The Reporting Intern role will sit within the Reporting Team within Community Operations. Members of this team focus on building and maintaining the centralized, certified, and standardized data logging and reporting system that enables the Community Operations team to intelligently serve our community at scale. Additionally, the team is responsible for providing insights through analysis that helps drive strategy within Community Operations. This role is based in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- Develop, build, and maintain reports that contain actionable metrics to monitor the performance of our Operations.
- Mine massive amounts of data and extract impactful insights that influence the strategy for Community Operations.
- Enrolled in a BA/BS degree program with graduation dates between Dec. 2017-August 2018 required (degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field preferred).
- 1+ year of experience using SQL or other querying language. Experience in at least one scripting language preferred (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences, and ability to explain technical issues.
- Excellent project management and organizational abilities.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion.
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required as company sponsorship is not available
- Understanding of statistical analysis. Experience with packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc. preferred.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top