Release to Production Engineer, Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Release to Production Engineer to join our Hardware Engineering Team. Come learn about our cutting edge power and hardware architecture, which has one of the most efficient infrastructures in the industry. Our servers and datacenters are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. The intern will work closely with power, server, and data center engineering design teams to help design, qualify, and optimize our hardware power devices. This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
- Interface with hardware, mechanical, power, thermal and software engineers to understand system architecture.
- Drive hardware optimizations by creating hardware, thermal, and mechanical test plans for server hardware.
- Execute tests according to plan, while keeping a through procedural record and data log.
- Create automated test infrastructure, through the use of scripted languages and remotely controlled test equipment.
- Develop and publish test reports and communicate findings to team members.
- Diagnose and root cause component failures.
- Pursuing a degree in hardware, electrical, or computer engineering,
- Familiar with lab equipment, oscilloscopes, high speed probes, logic analyzers, power meters, data acquisition systems, air flow chambers
- Trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Communications skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2018
- Experience in hacking and overclocking
- Familiar with latest server architecture and components
- Experience with Linux and Bash
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top