Release to Production Engineer, Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Release to Production Engineer to join our Hardware Engineering Team. Come learn about our cutting edge power and hardware architecture, which has one of the most efficient infrastructures in the industry. Our servers and datacenters are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. The intern will work closely with power, server, and data center engineering design teams to help design, qualify, and optimize our hardware power devices. This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
Release to Production (RTP) is the core validation team for all hardware that gets deployed at our data centers and we are looking for skilled and self-initiating hardware validation interns. Students majoring in electrical, mechanical, computer, or mechatronics are encouraged to apply. Understanding of server architecture is a definitive advantage. Applicants must be familiar with Linux and bash, we use CentOS. We will be focusing on students who show strong self-initiatives and are able to complete tasks with little guidance (we don’t like to micro-manage). Basic programming experience is a must, we will have preference for students with python experience. Responsibilities will include debugging of hardware failures, running tests, working with our vendors/odms/oems and supporting the team. Projects will be assigned based on experience and interests. Travel may be asked of you but it’s not a requirement. If you like to solve problems, are efficient and have good communication skills, please apply
- Interface with hardware, mechanical, power, thermal and software engineers to understand system architecture.
- Drive hardware optimizations by creating hardware, thermal, and mechanical test plans for server hardware.
- Execute tests according to plan, while keeping a through procedural record and data log.
- Create automated test infrastructure, through the use of scripted languages and remotely controlled test equipment.
- Develop and publish test reports and communicate findings to team members.
- Diagnose and root cause component failures.
- Pursuing a degree in hardware, electrical, or computer engineering, experience in hacking and overclocking a plus!
- Familiar with lab equipment, oscilloscopes, high speed probes, logic analyzers, power meters, data acquisition systems, air flow chambers
- Familiar with latest server architecture and components
- Strong trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2017
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top