Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Business Applications team is responsible for building user-friendly, scalable, and robust enterprise applications. Facebook is seeking an experienced, insightful and hands-on Release Manager with a strong background in designing and executing processes that power the enterprise. As a member of BizApps, you will play a key role in reimagining productivity by scaling the production environment to serve diverse aspects of the enterprise. BizApps Release Management owns the customer experience of our business applications as well as front line support, deployment processes and special projects to ensure operational stability. This is a full-time position based in our Austin office.
- Manage change advisory board review and approval for all application code and configuration deployments, enforcing production deployment processes and guidelines
- Ensure accurate and efficient triage and lifecycle management of production tasks
- Manage production issues and requests for all product tracks, including system wide issues as BizApps MOC. Drive continuous improvements with automated testing and QA framework, address configuration, implementation, function and process fails
- Reporting of key application operational and customer satisfaction metrics, drives insights and optimizes analytics to drive monthly operational reviews & measure results against goals
- Communicate period end and application downtime effectively, enabling informed decision making across teams. Identify risks and highlight impact, working directly with relevant parties on all escalations.
- Develop and maintain well-coordinated internal relationships with key decision makers and the wider Enterprise Engineering organization, evangelize current and new products and enhancements to customers in region
- Program manage cross platform projects around upgrades and patching, provide input and support to tracks for process improvement initiatives
- BS/MS in technology discipline
- 2+ years of experience in technical program management with exposure in financial applications support environment
- 2+ years experience working with and supporting enterprise IT Applications
- 2+ years with application architecture (Database Tier, Application Tier, Integration)
- Ability to write simple SQL queries and perform data analysis
- Experience working with multiple internal stakeholders, and within a client or business-facing role
- Ability to work autonomously and make critical or time sensitive decisions with minimal guidance and oversight
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top