(Menlo Park, CA – Seattle, WA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Release Engineer to join the Engineering team. The position is full-time and is based in either our Menlo Park, CA, New York, NY or Seattle, WA location.
Release Engineering plays an integral role in implementing and executing product release processes. The role supports Facebook’s engineering by managing the source code management system, automating builds and regression testing, building tools and monitoring used in software deployments, and coordinating and pushing new releases to the production infrastructure. The Release Engineering team ensures that new software is released in a streamlined manner from development to production. The team establishes procedures and develops tools that are used by both the Engineering and Operations teams. As a Release Engineer you’ll use your strong technical ability to drive product releases across many different systems and teams. You’ll work hard to ensure that Facebook’s products are delivered with a repeatable and scalable process.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management
- Own, manage and improve our release process. Focus on scale and efficiency
- Build and maintain tools needed during release pushes
- Drive iOS and Android app releases
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years experience in software engineering, release engineering, and/or configuration management
- Strong familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems, Subversion, Git and Mercurial experience highly desired
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Skill with one or more scripting languages, PHP and Python experience highly desired
- Experience with build management tools
- Experience automating release and build processes
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top