Regional Manager, Network Deployment & Support
- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Regional Manager to lead the data center network deployment team for the western region. This team is responsible for deploying and operating one of the world's largest and most complex networks. As a member of this team, you will have a unique opportunity to be involved in all aspects of networking at Facebook. This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Lead and manage a technical team of managers and network engineers responsible for deployment and support in multiple, existing and new data centers.
- Responsibility for all hiring, on-boarding, development and performance management for the regional team.
- Lead the organization and participate in long-term planning and strategic decision making with the global team.
- Manage cross-functional relationships across organizations to include network engineering, data center design, construction, and technical program management.
- Work with engineering teams to influence next generation data center design, network architecture, and automation.
- Drive operational excellence through process, procedures, tooling, training and effective management of KPIs.
- Use dashboards and metrics to drive operational efficiencies and identify areas for improvement.
- Establish and improve global deployment standards and best practices to drive consistency, quality, and efficiency.
- Enable and influence long-term vision and direction of the data center and network infrastructure at Facebook.
- Forecast and execute regional OpEx and CapEx.
- Approximately 30% travel required.
- 15+ years of leading technical teams responsible for deploying and operating large-scale network infrastructure.
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams.
- Experience with leadership development and developing and implementing organizational strategy.
- Experience with process improvement and automation to streamline workflows.
- Experience with managing network operations and maintenance activity in a 24x7 production environment.
- Working knowledge of Internet architecture, IP networking technologies (TCP/IP,IPv4/6,routing/switching protocols, BGP, MPLS) and large-scale network hardware platforms.
- Experience engaging, influencing, and leading peers, stakeholders and vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Computer Science, telecommunications, etc.).
- Experience working in data centers and/or service provider networks.
- Working knowledge of fiber optic communications and cabling infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with IP network engineering.
- Experience with Linux systems, scripting, and network automation.
Back to top