Regional Logistics Operations Intern
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Are you interested in logistics? In the art and science of â€getting the right thing to the right place at the right time?" Do you want to help manage the receipt and distribution of vital equipment to a Facebook data center so we can stay connected to our users? Are you interested in driving safe, consistent, effective logistics operations in industry-leading high tech environment? If yes, we want to talk to you!
Our Infrastructure Business Operations Systems (IBOS) field team works closely with stakeholders at the data center to ensure this vital FB Infrastructure site has the equipment needed to keep up with demand for Facebook services. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll have the opportunity to solve challenging logistics problems in a dynamic and rapidly growing system. This is a 12- week summer internship based in Fortworth, Texas.
- Conduct a project to improve selected processes in the IBOS Field Region
- Partner with the Regional IBOS Lead to draft a set of learning objectives related to your ongoing program
- Support the Regional IBOS Analyst by performing various operational tasks to help sustain the health of the data center
- Lead and support various ad hoc projects, as needed, in support of Facebookâ€™s Data Center strategy
- Work with the Regional Best Practice Analyst to review current documentation and help organize an effective training platform
- Support the on-site Safety Captain by reviewing current safety programs/initiatives and fostering a culture of safety
- Problem solving
- Detail oriented
- Customer service
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Business, and/or Data Analytics
- Experience with business process mapping, gap analysis, requirements elicitation and data analysis
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top