Regional Lead, GAT Academy
(New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Do you want to help define the future of brand building, working with the world's largest advertisers?
Do you love being at the cutting-edge of learning, and using that knowledge to elevate the impact of others?
Do you want to be part of something totally new, totally raw, that will impact our entire Sales Organization?
Tell me more!
The Global Accounts Team (GAT) partners with the world's largest brand marketers and their agencies to maximize the business and brand-building potential of the Facebook platform. A successful partnership with these global advertisers depends on our teams' ability to help them continuously maximize the value and business impact they extract from their investments with Facebook. It requires us to drive excellence in every interaction and against every dollar spent, but we often fall short.
Finding and understanding how to drive excellence is complex and difficult to solve – who does it best, what are they doing and how can I learn more? The answers to these questions and building blocks toward successful global partnerships exist in the historical learnings, thought leadership and daily innovation of our GAT teams. It's often scattered, however, in pockets across different accounts, geographies and cross-functional partners. Identifying and scaling this best practice and thought leadership would accelerate new global partnerships and help redefine the potential of existing.
Big opportunity! How will we solve for this?
Imagine for a moment a team whose mission it was to define what "best" looks like for global partnership success. A center of excellence, if you will, that acts as an engine for scaling partnership excellence across all teams working on global accounts within Facebook. A team that would canvas the globe for best practices, deconstructing and packaging them up for infusion across the sales organization through inspirational content, training and consultation. All of this becomes possible through the new GAT Academy.
We are looking for 3 Regional Leads in total, reporting to the Global Academy Head and split across Singapore (APAC), London (EMEA) and New York (Americas) and this specific opportunity is in New York. This is your chance to establish yourself as a living "center of excellence", coach and consultant to current and future leaders of our organization!
Yes! I love it conceptually, but what would the Academy and a Regional Lead actually do?As a global center of excellence, the GAT Academy is internally focused on equipping all FB teams who manage global partnerships with the best relationship-building strategies, narratives, tools and solutions. The audience includes not only those teams managing GAT accounts, but also our largest locally-led global accounts within GSO.
How would you measure success for such an amazing role?
Qualitative: Quality, volume and impact of generated content, training sessions and toolkits.
Quantitative: (1) Adoption of best practices across Global Accounts (e.g. Brilliant Basics) (2) Revenue growth on focus "Ignite" global accounts vs. expectations.
- The Academy's role is broken into the below three core pillars. As a Regional Lead your role will be a combination of global project leadership and regional activation for your market across these pillars:
- DEFINE and CURATE best practice across global partnerships – Learn from the most innovative creators and thought leaders across the globe, within GAT and cross-functionally, to stretch our thinking about what brilliant partnerships and advertising looks like on Facebook. These best practices will include everything from roadmaps and toolkits for ramping up new partnerships, to tools, narratives, points of view and groundbreaking solutions on the hottest topics in brand marketing.
- PACKAGE and SCALE these best practices globally - You will define how to best package this knowledge and know-how, where to house them, and how to infuse them across our teams globally - either through your own content creation, training and consultation or in partnership with key XFN and Development partners. You will change the way our teams learn and source inspiration forever.
- IGNITE our newest global partnerships as consultant extraordinaire to the teams leading them – No matter whether it's a new GAT or locally led global partnership, senior leadership and account teams will be looking to your guidance on how to accelerate and take their partnerships to new heights. You'll become their trusted consultant by guiding the teams on what a successful partnership journey looks like and how to get there. As an embedded advisor you will contribute directly to these accounts' growth and success, becoming a growth driver of our some of our company's biggest growth drivers.
- 10+ years previous experience working directly with marketing, media and/or consulting companies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic action plans
- Experience coaching others, or in developing or running training programs.
- Experience working effectively with XFN teams, multiple stakeholders and all levels of management
- Ability to communicate effectively across audiences with authority.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top