Regional Head of Partnerships, Internet.org
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organisation.
We are looking for an experienced Partnership Manager for Internet.org, you will play a critical role in rolling out innovative technology programs that bring connectivity to the two thirds of the world who are not yet to be connected to the Internet. These projects support our mission to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. Help us provide affordable internet access available to so many people who are currently without it. This is a full time position based in London, UK and will report to the Director Business Development and Operator Partnerships EMEA.
- Ownership of all technical, cost, and schedule aspects of Internet.org connectivity projects
- Investigate developing nation target markets and determine product, cost, and technical performance requirements to meet market needs
- Assess existing/competitive solutions for connectivity
- Establish partners for rollout of new technologies and develop deployment, install, and maintenance strategies
- Analyse uptake data, establish marketing strategies to spur internet usage and work closely with partners to implement them
- Provide hands-on program management and senior leadership to vendors and partners to ensure compliance to specifications and schedule
- Determine regulatory requirements and coordinate project plans with national, state, and local governments as well as the Facebook policy and regulatory teams
- Identify risk areas (technical, cost, schedule, and regulatory) and proactively manage implementation of risk mitigation and plans
- Interface with Facebook Connectivity Deployments, Connectivity Lab, Policy, and Marketing to integrate the connectivity projects into the overall Internet.org program flow
- Significant leadership experience in ground network design and deployments in emerging markets.
- Experience in Africa highly preferred.
- Extensive experience with regulatory environments and emerging trends in developing markets
- Exceptional project/program management and communication abilities
- Exceptional partnership skills
- BA/BS in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Willingness and ability to travel to deployment sites up to 50 percent of time
- Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply: " Medical Benefits " Dental Benefits " Vision Benefits " Pension Benefits " Life Assurance " Childcare Benefits " Gym Benefits " Transport benefits " Laundry Benefit " Posted: 16 May 2018 " Closing date: 13 June 2018
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top