Regional Construction Manager, Special Projects
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Construction Manager/Executive Manager to join our Data Center Engineering & Construction team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly growing infrastructure efficiently operates and our innovative services are delivered. This role will provide oversight, monitoring, and direction to the construction management teams working on the North America, with a strong focus on leadership and operational excellence. This role will also create industry leading vision and strategy, scale operations, develop management talent, and develop robust processes and standards to enable Facebookâ€™s expansion. This position is full-time and will preferably be based out of our Menlo Park Office.
The Special Projects Group within the infrastructure team focuses on small to medium scale ($1M-$50M) technical construction projects supporting our existing Data Center sites globally. The ideal candidate will have a background in general construction practices both in the field and from the clientâ€™s perspective and have experience managing multiple project teams.
- Lead the North America Construction Managers at all our active and future sites.
- Build and develop the site construction management teams.
- In conjunction with Management the Construction Operations Manager, develop robust processes and standards to enable efficiency and effectiveness along with leading effective cross-functional communications.
- Provide construction oversight and expertise across the site operations.
- Maintain and develop the national relationship with the Facilities Operations Team.
- Evolve the staffing model to support the business requirements.
- In conjunction with the Management and Construction Operation Manager, define and manage to Key Performance Indices (KPI) for mission critical construction.
- Provide leadership to understand, collaborate, and influence across the organizations that connect with the Infrastructure team.
- Assist with developing capital project budgets and provide ROM construction cost estimates along with managing OPEX and CAPEX budgets.
- Support project contract negotiations and contractor, consultant and vendor management with Facebookâ€™s Procurement Team on equipment procurement and project delivery process.
- Support Facebookâ€™s Strategic Engineering & Design and Design team scope development and change management.
- Ability to travel up to approximately 50%.
- 15+ yearsâ€™ experience leading a data center or technical construction team.
- Experience in personnel management and staffing and scheduling.
- Communication experience.
- Experienced in project controls fundamentals and implementation.
- Experience in client and contractor contract negotiations and strategy.
- Team building experience.
- Proven experience in leadership acquisition and development.
- Experience in managing multiple managers with project backgrounds.
- Experience in contractor, consultant and vendor management and negotiations.
- Experience in mission critical power and cooling infrastructure or other critical systems, and applying that experience to data center challenges.
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering.
- Advanced degree in engineering or business.
- Understanding environmental health and safety programs.
- Understanding of network and fiber optic cabling infrastructure.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, hands-on, start-up work environment.
- Strong track record of thinking strategically and executing tactically.
Back to top