Recruiting Manager, Software Engineering (University)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is hiring some of the best technical minds around and we need the best recruiting minds to match our business needs. As a Recruiting Manager, you will have the experience to grow with the rapidly expanding business. You will develop, drive, and execute on the staffing strategies for the largest demand in technical hiring. You will lead a team of staffing professionals.
- Lead a team of recruiters and coordinators responsible for software engineering recruiting within North America, including recruiting strategy, goals, performance management, day-to-day task management
- Oversee recruiting strategies for the engineering office, working with internal engineering clients to determine hiring targets and resource needs
- Communicate recruiting strategies to larger university team to ensure achievement of goals
- Ability to identify trends and leverage knowledge, data and competitive intelligence to develop creative, customized sourcing strategies for the East team
- Provide clear communication of progress, roadblocks, updates, and future plans to the UR team, engineering teams, management and localized site leads and directors
- Anticipate team needs and growth and hire, flex and stretch to meet changing business demand
- Assist in other initiatives, as needed
- Provide clear communication of progress, roadblocks, updates, and future plans to the UR team, engineering teams, management and localized site leads and directors.
- Facilitate and lead meetings and key initiatives with recruiting team and client groups
- Mentor and provide guidance and career development to members of the recruiting team
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with management and key cross-functional stakeholders internally (e.g. Legal, Finance, PR, Growth, Facilities, HR, etc.)
- Compile & analyze data and metrics to support business decisions and plans as necessary
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to travel during peak recruiting cycles
- 5+ years of work experience in recruitment or related field
- 2+ years of people management experience leading a team
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Experience multi-tasking
- Experience with compiling, analyzing and capturing insights from data to support business decisions
- Strategic thinker with data analysis and analytical experience Experience influencing and communicating cross-functionally
Back to top