Recruiting Manager, Communications & Public Policy
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is growing rapidly and we are looking to expand our leadership team. We are looking for a Recruiting Manager to help adapt the way we recruit for the Communications and Public Policy team as we move into the next evolution of Facebook. The Recruiting Manager will help define and execute the talent acquisition strategy and execution for Communications and Public Policy teams globally. You will develop, drive, and execute on the staffing strategies that support our Business Functions organization. You will lead a team of recruiting and sourcing professionals. This person will work closely with our leaders to drive world class recruiting practices and strategy.The position requires close work with cross-functional partners and regional counterparts to attract and engage bring top talent to Facebook. Candidates should demonstrate an ability to work cross-functionally with senior executives, lead proactive and reactive recruitment initiatives with tangible results, and have excellent organizational skills. The full-time position is located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Provide innovative, high-touch, scalable solutions to drive our sourcing, recruiting and hiring to meet business objectives
- In addition to achieving hiring goals you will be responsible for:
- Onboarding and training new recruiters
- Providing mentorship, guidance and career development to members of your team
- Ensuring recruiters and/or sourcers are managing to milestones and metrics
- Providing innovative, scalable solutions to drive our hiring to meet FB business objectives
- Creating innovative sourcing strategies and ensuring a high-touch candidate experience
- Ensure cross-functional recruiting partners are managing to milestones and metrics while ensuring a collaborative partnership
- Work with all business partners to implement processes and best practices across multiple regions
- Drive Comms & Policy recruiting brand through events, sponsorships, and employment brand development
- Identify trends and leverage knowledge, data and competitive intelligence to develop creative, customized sourcing strategies decisions
- Compile, analyze and capture insights from data to support business decisions
- Manage all reporting to enable the tracking and analysis of hiring statistics, headcount, hiring trends, and program results for continuous improvement of strategies and processes
- Partner closely with Comms & Policy HRBPs on cross-functional initiatives
- Partner with Facebook hiring managers to develop a detailed profile of target candidates with data-driven advice on the range of logical possibilities.
- Define, design and implement recruiting programs for a variety of Communications & Policy positions. This includes understanding and mapping the talent landscape, internal calibration and referrals, and matching those data points with the external talent supply.
- 10+ years of recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment
- 7+ years of leadership experience managing and guiding recruiting and/or sourcing teams
- Experience working with and influencing senior leadership
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and events
- Tech, media and industry experience with the ability to understand relevant tech skills, target companies, conferences, Comms and Policy communities, etc.
- Prior use of talent market insights and data to influence decisions within the leadership groups and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated track record of building working relationships with leaders and cross-functional partners.
- Evidence of partnerships across a variety of functions to build on as well as create candidate experiences
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top