Real-Time Video Specialist
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are the team that builds the Real-Time media stack for low-latency media connections at global scale. Do you want to build new features and improve existing products that connect people in real-time via Messenger, Facebook, Oculus, and more? Want to solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems? Facebook is seeking experienced Video Engineers to join our team. You can help build the next-generation of products that connects the next billion people, create new features that enrich lives and connect people at a global scale. Be a part of a team that's working to help people connect with each other around the globe. Join us! You will be personally responsible for the video stack in a real-time communication engine, which includes codecs, tuning, media capture, data collection, and feedback to product teams about new feature capabilities. Must be skilled using data collected in the field at global scale (i.e. many regions, networks, devices, and people) to identify areas of improvement, or be passionate about learning this skill on the job. This position is full-time and based in our Seattle, WA office.
- Lead the definition and implementation of media processing pipeline
- Build video ingest, processing and delivery pipelines
- Improve video experience on Facebook by optimizing video codecs
- Build and improve video processing algorithms to efficiently compress video at high quality
- Debug video playback issues across devices
- 4+ years with H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, AAC and other video and audio codec standards.
- Experience with at least one of Ffmpeg/x264/x265/libvpx is a must.
- Experience writing or modifying video encoders
- Experience with container formats, transmuxing and streaming protocols (DASH/HLS)
- Experience with Software Development processes including: source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally between groups with different video technologies and pipelines
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, EE or related field
- 6+ years experience in video processing
- Experience with software services, web and cloud technologies
- Experience with hardware accelerated video processing.
- Experience building Ffmpeg filters or have worked with Ffmpeg APIs.
- Experience with Open CL, DirectX and Intel Media SDK programming.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top