Real Estate Transactions Manager, MPK
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Transactions Manager to execute real estate transactions in the Bay Area. The ideal candidate has managed the full transaction process from defining initial requirement through due diligence and site selection to lease negotiations and contract execution. The ability to drive transactions forward while ensuring that all stakeholders are involved and aligned will be critical to success in this role. This position would work in the MPK Real Estate & PM team and have cross-functional responsibilities that would touch Global Design, Space Planning, Operations, Finance, IT and Legal teams.
- Work closely with Space Planning team to identify and define new lease requirements, consistent with the portfolio plan
- Manage property search with brokerage team, vet options and make recommendations
- Lead transaction process on small to medium real estate transactions in the Bay Area
- Ensure proper due diligence and location vetting with internal stakeholders
- Review financial analyses and prepare internal lease approval requests
- Create and maintain strategy decks for growth/relocation plans to assist with scenario planning/decision making
- Manage required internal reporting to finance, accounting, and lease administration to ensure updated information is available on a timely basis
- Responsible for providing top quality service to our internal customers
- Bachelor's degree with 15+ years of experience in corporate real estate
- Knowledge of lease terms including understanding of financial and legal principals
- Leadership and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of building relationships with cross-functional teams
- Microsoft Excel user
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top