Quantitative UX Researcher, Facebook App
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work to deliver human-centered insights that shape the future of Facebook. Within our team, research spans every step of the product life cycle, from understanding people's latent needs before we build products, to assuring the products we build deliver world class user experiences, to measuring the impact of our products once they are in use.
For this position, we are looking for experienced individuals with skills in behavioral data analysis, experimental and survey research, and statistics. We are looking for people that can take a human-centered approach to designing studies that provide an understanding of how people's attitudes, beliefs, or stated needs relate to their actions or behaviors.
The right candidates will be knowledgeable about product design, passionate about understanding people, curious about the relationship between technology and society, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, open-minded about learning new skills and methods, and focused on influencing the future of Facebook.
- Work closely with product teams and other researchers to identify important research questions
- Act as a thought leader in domain of research, while advocating for people who use our products
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long term product strategy
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, data science, content strategy, engineering, and marketing
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Mentor other researchers, and maintain our team's high standard of work
- MA/MS/PhD, human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, etc.)
- 3+ years' experience in applied product research
- Experience working with large-scale data in multi-method studies
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- Experience coding with R, SQL or SPSS
- Knowledge of qualitative and design research methods
Back to top