Quantitative UX Researcher
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for Facebook’s billion users. Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, ethnography to live experiments and involves collaboration between qualitative and quantitative researchers. For this position, we are looking for people with strong skills in behavioral data analysis, experimental and survey research, and statistics.
The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely impacting the design of Facebook.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of quantitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Collaborate closely with qualitative researchers
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- MS/PhD, human behavior related field preferred (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in applied product research
- Experience working with large scale data in multi-method studies
- Experience with applied statistics
- Experience coding, PHP, SQL and Python preferred
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- Understanding and appreciation of qualitative and user-centered design methods preferred
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Ability to communicate complex analysis and results compellingly to a lay audience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top