Quantitative UX Researcher
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for Facebook's billion users. Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, ethnography to live experiments and involves collaboration between qualitative and quantitative researchers. For this position, we are looking for people with strong skills in behavioral data analysis, experimental and survey research, and statistics.
The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely impacting the design of Facebook.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of quantitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Collaborate closely with qualitative researchers
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research
- 3+ years of experience in applied product research
- Experience working with large scale data in multi-method studies
- Experience with applied statistics
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- MS/PhD, human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)
- Experience coding, PHP, SQL and Python.
- Understanding and appreciation of qualitative and user-centered design methods.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top