Quantitative Scientist, People Analytics
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
At Facebook we pride ourselves on making data-informed decisions. This includes not only decisions we make about our platform, which serves over 1 billion users, but also how we learn more about our most valuable asset – our people. For instance, we use data to understand how to hire top talent, to ensure our people are engaged, and to support diversity.
Facebook is seeking a Data Scientist to join our people analytics team. People analytics uncovers data-driven insights to better attract, develop, motivate, and retain Facebook's most important asset – our people. This role will perform research and analyses on a broad spectrum of people issues, including: employee attraction and selection, performance, growth, engagement, diversity, compensation, and retention. The ideal candidate will have a mix of quantitative and research design skills that are applicable to people research in organizations. This is a full-time role based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Apply your expertise in people research, quantitative analysis, and data visualization to help Facebook recruit, select, grow, and retain talent
- See beyond the data to identify solutions that will raise the bar for all things people-related
- Collaborate with data engineering and visualization engineers to access and manipulate data, explain data gathering requirements, and display results
- Partner with the diversity, HR and recruiting teams on people projects to identify and clarify critical people issues, deeply understand our people processes, and analyze data to drive improvements
- Bring together Facebook-specific data and outside research to help leaders understand people issues
- Clearly communicate statistical analyses, results, and implications to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive data
- MS/PhD in a quantitative field where the research/quantitative methods have direct applicability to people research in organizations (e.g., quantitative psychology, economics, political science, sociology, bioinformatics/biostatistics, computational neuroscience, operations research, statistics, data science, management science, etc.)
- Experience in multivariate statistical methods such as GLM, analysis of quasi-experimental research designs with non-equivalent groups (e.g., regression adjustment, matching, propensity score stratification), longitudinal analysis, classification, dimension reduction, clustering, hierarchical linear (random effects) modeling, categorical analysis, etc.
- Experience in managing and analyzing structured and unstructured data using tools such as R or Python
- At least 1 year of hands-on research experience with problems in the social or biomedical sciences, or in high-tech industry.
- Experience in machine learning, text mining and experience modeling high-dimensional data.
- 3+ years experience with people research.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top