Quantitative Researcher, SBG
The Small Business Group (SBG) contributes directly to Facebook's mission by connecting small businesses with their customers and helping them grow through solutions like pages, advertising, and offers. We succeed when we help our customers grow their business. The SBG Research team is searching for a Quantitative Researcher. The mission of the team in SBG is to enable teams across the Facebook family to empower businesses through long term innovative and scalable solutions and research. We are searching for someone who will work closely with cross-functional partners to identify impactful problems, develop customer-centric research, and influence business strategy. Ideal candidates have a bias to action, inquisitive mindsets, willingness to get their hands dirty, and are comfortable independently owning projects in a fast-changing environment.
QUANTITATIVE RESEARCHER, SBG RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply your expertise in survey research, quantitative analysis, and data mining to derive insights, show value, or uncover missed opportunities
- Represent the voice of small businesses to internal teams - e.g., what help/support do businesses want from us? How do business feel about existing programs offered by the Facebook family of apps?
- Design and execute customer-centric research around business behaviors and attitudes and develop insights using on and off-platform data and research
- Package these insights and deliver them to Facebook Internal stakeholders and leadership to influence strategic decision making and executions
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify new opportunities requiring the use of creative and innovative research methods
- Frequently switch between on-the-ground tactical execution and 30k foot strategy
- Understanding of strengths and shortcomings of various qualitative and quantitative research methods, including when and how to apply them
- Experience in distilling quantitative and qualitative research findings to drive actions
- Experience in applied research with focus areas such as operation research, consumer behavior, or marketing
- Experience in statistics including experimental design, sampling approaches, statistical testing, modeling, and data mining techniques
- Experience in developing and managing survey projects
- Experience in statistical analysis (R or similar)
- Experience communicating with and influencing technical and non-technical audiences (engineers, data scientists, program managers, marketers)
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. or Masters) in a social science field (e.g., psychology, sociology, economics, marketing science, etc.)
- 2+ years experience in a quantitative field, such as consulting, market research/agency, or marketing on the client side, etc.
- Experience with online marketing/advertising research
- Experience building analytical models and working with structured and unstructured data sets
- Experience in the languages of data manipulation (e.g., SQL)
- Proven track record of leveraging data to deliver business value and present data-driven insights to business audiences
- Experience building cross functional relationships across a variety of functions to launch projects to drive business value
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top