Quantitative Researcher, Marketplace
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who partner closely with their product development partners to unlock commerce and payment experiences for Facebook's billions of users around the world. This is an exciting space, with enormous opportunities for discovery and impact. Our research ranges from formative to evaluative, ethnographic to live experimentation; and our work is highly collaborative in nature between qualitative and quantitative research practices.
For this position, we are looking for people with strong skills in behavioral data analysis, experimental and survey research, and statistics.
The right candidates will able to communicate and knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about user experience, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely impacting the design of Facebook's commerce and payment experiences.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of quantitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Collaborate closely with qualitative researchers
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering, data science and marketing
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research
- 3+ years of experience in applied product research
- Experience working with large-scale data in multi-method studies
- Experience with applied statistics
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- MS/PhD, human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)
- Experience coding, PHP, SQL and Python
- Knowledge of qualitative and user-centered design methods
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top