Quantitative Researcher, Growth
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
To succeed we need to understand the unique character of each of the worldâ€™s communities, what Facebook means or could mean to them, and how best to make our technology work for them. Weâ€™re looking for people with strong quantitative research skills to help in this effort.
The ideal candidate will be a social scientist with expertise in quantitative research methodologies or a quantitative specialist with experience solving social problems. Theyâ€™ll be comfortable improvising and have the ability to work cross-functionally and thrive in a fast-paced organization. All product groups across Facebook are hiring including Instagram.
- Help shape the research agenda and drive research projects from end-to-end
- Collaborate with product teams to define relevant questions about user growth and engagement
- Deploy appropriate quantitative methodologies to answer those questions
- Develop novel approaches where traditional methods wonâ€™t do
- Collaborate with qualitative researchers as needed and iterate quickly to generate usable insights for product and business decisions
- Deliver insights and recommendations clearly to relevant audiences
- Ability to communicate analyses and results to any audience
- Masterâ€™s or Ph.D. in the social sciences (e.g., Psychology, Communication, Sociology, Political Science, Economics), or in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Informatics, Econometrics) with experience answering social questions
- Knowledge in data manipulation and analysis (R/SAS/Stata, SQL/Hive)
- Knowledge in quantitative research methodologies (e.g., survey sampling and design, significance testing, regression modeling, experimental design, behavioral data analysis)
- Experience with Unix, Python, and large datasets (> 1TB)
Back to top