Quantitative Researcher, Growth
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
To succeed we need to understand the unique character of each of the world's communities, what Facebook means or could mean to them, and how best to make our technology work for them. We're looking for people with strong quantitative research skills to help in this effort.
The ideal candidate will be a social scientist with expertise in quantitative research methodologies OR a quantitative specialist with experience solving social problems. They'll be comfortable improvising and have the ability to work cross-functionally and thrive in a fast-paced organization. All product groups across Facebook are hiring including Instagram.
- Help shape the research agenda and drive research projects from end-to-end
- Collaborate with product teams to define relevant questions about user growth and engagement
- Deploy appropriate quantitative methodologies to answer those questions
- Develop novel approaches where traditional methods won't do
- Collaborate with qualitative researchers as needed and iterate quickly to generate usable insights for product and business decisions
- Deliver insights and recommendations clearly to relevant audiences
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Ability to communicate complex analyses and results to any audience
- Experience with Unix, Python, and large datasets (> 1TB) a plus
- Master's or Ph.D. in the social sciences (e.g., Psychology, Communication, Sociology, Political Science, Economics), OR in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Informatics, Econometrics) with experience answering social questions
- Fluency in data manipulation and analysis (R/SAS/Stata, SQL/Hive)
- Expertise in quantitative research methodologies (e.g., survey sampling and design, significance testing, regression modeling, experimental design, behavioral data analysis)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top