Quantitative Research Manager, R&D
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Marketing Science R&D team is responsible for designing and prototyping highly-scalable solutions, and to ensure successful prototypes are expanded such that all advertisers can improve the measurement and ads delivery of their marketing efforts. In service of this goal, the team identifies and executes novel solutions, develops methodologies, and partners with our product and engineering teams.
Facebook seeks an innovator to recognize new opportunities and help build highly-scalable, scientifically rigorous measurement and ads delivery systems. These efforts are instrumental for shifting the industry and marketers to evaluate their initiatives based on true business value, and to shape Facebook's ads product strategy with insights gained from these new platforms. As a manager, the role also encompasses leading and developing a high-performing team across a broad cross-section of ads products and challenges.
Applicants should have a strong technical background, demonstrated success working with engineering and product teams to build rigorous measurement systems, and a track record of helping team members develop into technical and strategic leaders.
This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Hire and manage highly skilled quantitative researchers, providing mentorship, guidance and career development to members of the team
- Drive technical development and project management of innovative measurement products
- Identify specific opportunities to leverage new data sources or systems to improve ads delivery or measurement for marketers
- Assess the validity and rigor of new data sources and approaches, establishing scalable frameworks for ongoing evaluation as appropriate
- Build cross functional relationships with Engineering, Product and Analytics leads to shape long-term product roadmaps with a balance of technical rigor and strategic considerations
- Master's or PhD in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or Political Methodology
- 5+ years professional analytics experience with empirical problems in the social or biomedical sciences, or in the Internet industry
- 2+ years of product development experience for ads or measurement solutions
- 2+ years of direct people management experience leading and developing high-performing teams
- Experience with R or Python leveraging large (TB) datasets with machine learning or non-parametric modeling techniques
- Understanding of causal inference and survey research methods, including leveraging observational data and addressing challenges from incomplete data
- Proven track record of innovation.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top