Quantitative Research Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Marketing Science R&D team is responsible for enabling advertisers to accurately measure the impact of paid media. In service of this goal, the team develops methodologies, partners with our product and engineering teams to establish measurement systems, and prototypes new approaches to increase the efficiency of ad spend on our platform. We also form partnerships with measurement companies to advance our goals.
Facebook seeks a Quantitative Research Manager to lead a high-performing team to build world-class cross-publisher & cross-channel measurement solutions. This team is tasked with shifting the industry and marketers to evaluate their initiatives based on true business value, and to shape Facebook’s ads product strategy with insights gained from these new platforms.
Applicants should have a strong technical background, demonstrated success working cross-functionally to build rigorous measurement systems, and a track record of helping team members develop into technical and strategic leaders. The ideal candidate will also have prior ad tech experience. The role requires development of strategic initiatives, serving as the teams’ technical and industry-knowledge leader, and facilitating the professional growth of each member on the team. This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Hire and manage highly skilled quantitative researchers, providing mentorship, guidance and career development to members of the team
- Drive technical development and project management of cross-publisher and cross-channel measurement initiatives.
- Assess the validity and rigor of new data sources and approaches, establishing scalable frameworks for ongoing evaluation as appropriate.
- Build cross functional relationships with Product, Analytics, Engineering and Marketing Science leads to solve problems, identify opportunities for impact, and shape long-term product roadmaps with a balance of technical rigor and strategic considerations.
- Voraciously consume information about technical and strategic developments beyond core project domains for the team.
- Master’s or PhD in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or Political Methodology, and a knowledge for applied problems in causal inference
- 4+ years professional analytics experience, including prior experience of direct people management experience leading and developing high-performing teams, and at least 2 years building ad tech or measurement solutions
- Direct experience working with (TB) datasets
- Understanding and applied experience with machine learning, causal inference and survey research methods
- Analytical and research design skills
- Proven experience in leading data-driven projects from definition to execution, driving impact and influencing product roadmaps
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top