Quantitative Product Researcher, Instagram
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Join a collaborative and passionate team working to make the best experiences for people capturing and sharing the world's moments. Our work aims to understand the people who use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. For this position, we are looking for a range from specialists to methodological generalists, with skills in quantitative research methods.
The right candidates will be communicators knowledgeable about user experience design and research, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the Instagram product and business.
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, to identify important research questions
- Act as a thought leader in domain of research, while advocating for people who use our products
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Work cross-functionally with product management, data science, engineering, and marketing
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Mentor other researchers, and maintain our team's high standard of work
- B.A/B.S. in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, or a related field
- 3+ years experience in applied product research
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience working with large-scale data in multi-method studies
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- Experience coding PHP, SQL, and Python
- MA/MS/PhD in a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, etc.)
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
Back to top