Quality Engineering Lead, Building 8
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA- style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Supply Chain Team has the responsibility for identifying supply chain solutions that allow Building 8 to deliver products to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Quality Engineering Lead. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This individual will own all of the quality systems within the CM factories.This is a full- time position based in our Hong Kong office.
- Local owner of all quality systems within the CM factories
- Validate CM's incoming materials process, sampling plan, RCCA process.
- Determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Develop sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods within the factory.
- Establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error: determining levels of confidence.
- Analyze data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data: making recommendations back to Design, Test, Operations.
- Lead the combined teams (Ops, Design, CM) in corrective actions focused on product quality and customer experience improvements.
- 7+ years experience driving quality in a consumer electronics environment
- BS Degree in Engineering, or equivalent
- CQE certification
- Ability & experience interfacing at all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate vision and convey a sense of urgency
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top