Quality Assurance Lead, Infrastructure
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a QA Lead to work on Infrastructure – platforms and tools with a passion for social media to help drive high quality releases. You will be part of a small, high performance team and will have the opportunity to excel and grow your career delivering great quality product at a fast pace. You will collaborate with Development and Product Managers to drive testability and ensure quality of the releases.
- Execute manual and automated tests, and identify actionable bugs quickly.
- Manage QA coverage of multiple mobile based projects.
- Planning/organizing necessary test passes, staying on top of all important issues, help triaging bugs and driving issues to resolutions and keeping everyone aware of QA status.
- Work with different teams (Eng/PM/Operation) to collect necessary information to assure the QA coverage, and also provide feedback on quality issues.
- Work with onsite and offshore team to set their priorities and remove their roadblocks to make sure sufficient coverage is done for the release.
- Assess the status of the release, and help make sure that the release goes out on time with high quality level.
- Create and support test dashboard/report.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Computer Science
- At least 2 years Quality Assurance experience in testing web OR mobile applications
- Ability to construct test cases quickly and get them prioritized based on changes.
- Deep knowledge of test and tool development methodology.
- Passion about and ability to deliver high quality features and end-to-end scenarios.
- Proficient in at least of the common coding language. Java and/or PHP preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including development of effective presentations.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top