Quality and Analytics Engineer - Open Compute Hardware
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Quality and Analytics Engineer responsible for working with Facebook's global manufacturing partners to track quality metrics and drive continuous process improvements for Open Compute servers, storage and network products that power the Facebook social network. This is a full-time role based at our office in Menlo Park, CA.
- Utilization of Quality and Reliability analytics & statistics to monitor and track quality metrics at Facebook's manufacturing partners.
- Early engagement on new designs to define quality and reliability requirements.
- Assist in the development of an analytics workflow and system to provide deep analysis of parametric and performance data.
- Develop statistics that model failure prediction with appropriate alarms and early warning signals.
- Partner with FB Data Centers to define key metrics and monitors.
- Drive quality forums for NPI and sustaining products with key stakeholders and drive continuous process improvement initiatives.
- B.S or M.S in engineering, Statistics, Operations research.
- Experience working on big data, building analytical models and visualizations.
- Experience in data analysis, data visualization, data science, SQL, Python or R.
- Experience in SPC, Weibull distribution, reliability calculations, and related modeling methods.
- Knowledge in reliability statistics, design of experiment factorial modeling and statistical process controls.
- 5+ years experience working in the above areas supporting manufacturing, Hardware in Compute & Storage or consumer electronic organizations.
- Experience working with internal data teams, hardware teams, quality teams, operations teams.
- Experience in JMP, MiniTab or other SAS tools.
- Communication experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top