Qualitative UX Researcher
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for Facebook's billion users. Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, ethnography to live experiments and involves collaboration between qualitative and quantitative researchers.
The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely impacting the design of Facebook.
QUALITATIVE UX RESEARCHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods
- Collaborate closely with quantitative researchers
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research
- 3+ years of experience in applied product research
- MA/MS in Cognitive/Experimental/Social Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Human Factors, or a related field
- Experience working with large-scale data in multi-method studies
- Knowledge of research methods and at least one subset of methods (e.g., ethnography)
- Experience conveying research findings and implications to audiences
- Analytical, project management, and problem-solving experience
- Experience with autonomy and independent decision making to weigh tradeoffs and balance demands
- Knowledge of qualitative and user-centered design methods
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Art Director, Messenger AR
Seattle, WA + 1 More
- Industrial Design Intern, AR/VR
- Product Design Intern, AR
- Product Design Leader - Business Tools (Ads)
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Product Design Manager - Marketplace (Growth)
- Product Designer
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top