QA/QC Program Geographical Manager
- Reynoldsburg, OH
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced QA/QC Program Geographical (Regional) Manager to join our Data Center Engineering & Construction team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly growing infrastructure efficiently & reliably operate and our innovative services are delivered. This role is responsible for the optimization, implementation and management of the Facebook Quality Control Program within the designated geographical region of North America. This includes oversight and support of project specific QA/QC Program Engineers as they manage a quality culture that is focused on the coordination, performance and execution of construction inspections and testing services through the successful delivery of their campus. The QA/QC Program Geographical Manager will work with the Global QA/QC Program Manager to implement an industry leading QA/QC vision and strategy, while optimizing/enforcing robust QA/QC processes and standards to enable Facebook's successful expansion.
- Manage a team of site specific QA/QC Program Engineers to execute the program vision, strategy, and processes resulting in confidently repeatable metric driven results at scale.
- Educate and enforce QA/QC program standards and serves as a point of escalation for Site QA/QC Program Engineers.
- Establish and foster a high performing team. Mentor and develop the individual contributor members of the QA/QC team.
- Act as "Surge Team" and provide remote/on-site coverage when a Site QA/QC Program Engineer is out of pocket.
- Collaborate with the QA/QC management team on programmatic quality issues, improvements, and innovations between the Facebook design, construction, sourcing, and facility operations teams.
- Interface at the regional level between design, construction, and facility operations leadership as well as the general contractor to ensure embedment of QA program vision and strategy.
- Provide direction as needed to regional staff and associated external partners on the QA/QC program regarding Facebook's expectations and requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the QA consultants and Cx agents to ensure alignment with program culture, goals, and requirements.
- Monitor quality program metrics to evaluate the performance of the regional portfolio and individual campuses/projects while establishing incremental site-based goals with the project/program team to address disconcerting trends.
- Work with internal and external QA/QC partners to refine processes and standards to enable efficient and effective activities. Lead effective cross-functional communications regarding any modifications to the program.
- Ensure site specific processes are in place to provide training to craft and non-craft personnel to drive awareness of quality procedures and specific responsibilities in the QA/QC process.
- Ability to travel to headquarters and other data center locations on a regular basis.
- Considerable Travel (30%) within North America.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent technical degree and/or 10+ years direct professional experience in leading the commissioning and QA/QC organizations for a large infrastructure program.
- Experience in personnel management, staffing, and scheduling.
- Experience in contractor, consultant, and vendor management.
- Experience in civil/structural, building envelope, mechanical, electrical, and I&C disciplines.
- Experience in mission critical power and cooling infrastructure or other critical systems, and demonstrated applying that experience to current data center challenges.
- Experience adapting to a fast paced, hands-on, start-up work environment.
- Communication skills and experience leading strategic improvement initiatives.
- Experience utilizing Autodesk BIM360 Field software.
Back to top