QA/QC Program Engineer, Special Projects
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Infrastructure Construction Management team is seeking an experienced QA/QC Program Engineer to assist our Special Projects team. Our Special Projects team is involved in a variety of work both inside and outside of our data centers, which are the foundation upon which our rapidly growing infrastructure efficiently operates and our innovative services are delivered. Some of the projects include equipment retrofits and end of life replacement, mini-data center builds and colocation build-outs, external security system upgrades, and intra-data center fiber optic connection installations. This role is responsible for the generation, implementation and management of the Facebook Quality Control Program for the Special Projects team. This includes the coordination, performance and execution of construction inspections and testing services through the successful delivery of commissioning and turn-over to our Facility Operations group. The QA/QC Program Engineer will work with the QA/QC Program Manager to implement an industry leading QA/QC vision and strategy, and develop robust QA/QC processes and standards to enable Facebook's successful expansion.
- Develop/monitor quality program metrics to evaluate project performance, analyze said metrics to understand the root cause of any disconcerting trends and then work with the applicable parties to correct those items.
- Contribute to building a high performing team by mentoring and developing the on-site partner construction QA/QC team.
- In conjunction with Construction Management and other Regional Management teams, develop robust QA/QC processes and standards to enable efficiency and effectiveness along with leading effective cross-functional communications.
- Provide leadership to the quality team, and interface at the highest level between design, construction, and facility operations leadership as well as the general contractor or sub-contractors.
- Provide direction to staff and subcontractors on the QA/QC program.
- Provide training of personnel to ensure awareness of quality procedures and specific responsibilities in the QA/QC process.
- Coordinate quality issues between the Facebook design, construction, and facility operations teams.
- Audit QA/QC activities of staff and subcontractors as often and as necessary to assess conformance with the QA/QC procedures.
- Examine all submittals for quality assurance and provide comments to ensure all documents are compliant.
- Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Develop, review and approve, if required, product and process quality related documents such as Construction Quality Procedures (CQPs) and checklists, technical deliverables, and test procedures and plans.
- Recommend and verify effective implementation of corrective and preventive actions for project non-conformances and quality issues, in coordination with Project and Quality Management, design, engineering, construction and other functional disciplines.
- When applicable, review Commissioning Agent Level 4 and 5 commissioning scripts and provide feedback.
- Assist Facebook Construction or Special Projects Manager in review of Turnover Documentation Package for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist Facebook Construction Manager or Special Projects Manager in review of project schedules and help ensure compliance to them.
- Help drive to closure open issues and escalate any outstanding open items not getting closed out in a timely manner.
- Attend factory witness tests as required for OFCI and CFCI equipment and systems.
- Provide an onsite visual inspection and/or observation for construction quality control of OFCI and CFCI equipment and systems.
- Assist in development of project specific QA/QC dashboards and equipment tracking matrices.
- Attend required meetings such as the weekly project and monthly global QA/QC meeting, MEP/OAC weekly meetings, and daily start-up and commissioning meetings.
- Ability to travel up to various sites throughout the U.S. approximately 25%.
- 5+ years' experience in quality control & quality assurance (QA/QC) programs for data centers or mission critical construction projects.
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering.
- Experience with Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build construction programs.
- Experience in personnel management, and staffing, and scheduling.
- Experience in civil/structural, building envelope, mechanical, electrical, and I&C disciplines.
- Experience leading QA/QC and Cx programs.
- Experience in contractor, consultant and vendor management.
- Experience in mission critical power and cooling infrastructure or other critical systems and experience applying that experience to current data center challenges.
- Experience utilizing Autodesk BIM360 Field software.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top