QA/QC Program Engineer
(New Albany, OH)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced QA/QC Program Engineer to join our Data Center Engineering & Construction team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly growing infrastructure efficiently operates and our innovative services are delivered. This role is responsible for the generation, implementation and management of the Facebook Quality Control Program, including the coordination, performance and execution of construction inspections and testing services through the successful delivery of commissioning and turn-over for one of our North American campuses. The QA/QC Program Engineer will work with the QA/QC Program Manager to implement an industry leading QA/QC vision and strategy, and develop robust QA/QC processes and standards to enable Facebook's successful expansion.
- Develop/monitor quality program metrics to evaluate the project's performance. Analyze said metrics to understand the root cause of any disconcerting trends and then work with the applicable parties to correct those items.
- Contribute to building a high performing team by mentoring and developing the on-site partner construction QA/QC team.
- In conjunction with Construction Management and other Regional Management teams, develop robust QA/QC processes and standards to enable efficiency and effectiveness along with leading effective cross-functional communications.
- Provide leadership to the quality team, and interface at the highest level between design, construction, and facility operations leadership as well as the general contractor.
- Provide direction to staff and subcontractors on the QA/QC program.
- Provide training of personnel to ensure awareness of quality procedures and specific responsibilities in the QA/QC process.
- Coordinate quality issues between the Facebook design, construction, and facility operations teams.
- Audit QA/QC activities of staff and subcontractors as often and as necessary to assess conformance with the QA/QC procedures.
- Examine all submittals (in particular, MEP submittals) for quality assurance and provide comments to ensure all documents are compliant.
- Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Develop, review and approve, if required, Level 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 related to product and process quality such as Construction Quality Procedures (CQPs) and checklists, technical deliverables, and test procedures and plans.
- Recommend and verify effective implementation of corrective and preventive actions for project non-conformances and quality issues, in coordination with Project and Quality Management, design, engineering, construction and other functional disciplines.
- Review Commissioning Agent Level 4 and 5 commissioning scripts and provide feedback.
- Assist Facebook Construction Manager in review of Turnover Documentation Package for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist Facebook Construction Manager in review of Level 3, 4, and 5 Energization, Start-up, and Commissioning schedules and help ensure compliance to it.
- Help drive to closure open issues in BIM360 and escalate any outstanding open items not getting closed out in a timely manner.
- Attend factory witness tests as required for OFCI and CFCI equipment and systems.
- Provide an onsite visual inspection and/or observation for construction quality control of OFCI and CFCI equipment and systems. This Site Acceptance Inspection will be documented in BIM360.
- Assist in confirming that Level 2 and Level 3 testing documentation is properly completed and retained.
- Provide assistance in reviewing installed labeling, signage and tagging.
- Assist in development of project specific QA/QC dashboards, equipment tracking matrices, and semi-annual QA/QC "Deep Dive" presentations.
- Attend required Construction Meetings such as the weekly project and monthly global QA/QC meeting, MEP/OAC weekly meetings, and daily start-up and commissioning meetings.
- 5+ years' experience in quality control & quality assurance (QA/QC) programs for data centers or mission critical construction projects.
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering.
- Experience with Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build construction programs.
- Experience in personnel management, and staffing and scheduling.
- Experience in civil/structural, building envelope, mechanical, electrical, and I&C disciplines.
- Experience leading QA/QC and Cx programs.
- Experience in contractor, consultant and vendor management.
- Experience in mission critical power and cooling infrastructure or other critical systems, and the ability to apply that experience to current data center challenges.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, hands-on, start-up work environment.
- Ability to travel up to approximately 100% during the week if not willing to relocate to the construction site.
- Experience utilizing Autodesk BIM360 Field software.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top