QA/QC Construction Engineer
Facebook is seeking an experienced QA/QC Engineer to join our Data Center Engineering & Construction team. This role is responsible for the generation, implementation and management of the Facebook Quality Control Program. Included in this is the coordination, performance and execution of construction inspections and testing services through the successful delivery of commissioning and turn-over for projects in our Odense, Denmark campus. The QA/QC Engineer will work with the QA/QC Manager based out of our International Headquarters/Dublin, Ireland to implement an industry leading QA/QC vision and strategy, and develop robust QA/QC processes and standards to enable Facebook's successful expansion. This position is full-time and located in our data center campus in Odense, Denmark.
- Develop/monitor quality program metrics to evaluate the project's performance. Analyze said metrics to understand the root cause of any disconcerting trends and then work with the applicable parties to correct those items.
- Contribute to building a high performing team by mentoring and developing the on-site partner construction QA/QC team.
- In conjunction with Construction Management Team, develop robust QA/QC processes and standards to enable efficiency and effectiveness along with leading effective cross-functional communications.
- Provide leadership to the quality team, and interface at the site level between design, construction, and facility operations leadership as well as the general contractor.
- Provide direction to staff and subcontractors on the QA/QC program.
- Provide training of personnel to ensure awareness of quality procedures and specific responsibilities in the QA/QC process.
- Works with the whole project team to develop and lead a strong quality culture and a culture of continuous improvement onsite.
- Develops a site specific program with the General Contractor and Subcontractor to achieve zero-defect handovers for each piece of equipment, system, area and room.
- Coordinate quality issues between the Facebook design, construction, and facility operations teams.
- Audit QA/QC activities of staff and subcontractors as often and as necessary to assess conformance with the QA/QC procedures.
- Examine all submittals and benchmarks for quality assurance and provide comments to ensure all documents are compliant.
- Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Develop, review and approve, if required, Inspection and Test Plans, Construction Quality Procedures (CQPs) and checklists, technical deliverables, and test procedures and plans.
- Recommend and verify effective implementation of corrective and preventive actions for project non-conformances and quality issues, in coordination with Project and Quality Management, design, engineering, construction and other functional disciplines.
- Ensures a program of progressive inspection during each construction stage is developed for the project.
- Review Commissioning Agent Level 4 and 5 commissioning scripts and provide feedback.
- Assist Facebook Construction Manager in review of Turnover Documentation Package for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist Facebook Construction Manager in review of Energization, Start-up, and Commissioning schedules.
- Help drive to closure open issues in BIM360 and escalate any outstanding open items not getting closed out in a timely manner.
- Attend factory witness tests as required for owner furnished and contractor furnished equipment and systems.
- Provide an onsite visual inspection and/or observation for construction quality control of owner furnished and contractor furnished equipment and systems. This Site Acceptance Inspection will be documented in BIM360.
- Assist in confirming that Level 2 and Level 3 commissioning documentation is properly completed and retained.
- Provide assistance in reviewing installed labeling, signage and tagging.
- Assist in development of project specific QA/QC dashboards, equipment tracking matrices, and semi-annual QA/QC "Deep Dive" presentations.
- Attend required Construction Meetings such as the weekly project and monthly global QA/QC meeting, MEP/OAC weekly meetings, and daily start-up and commissioning meetings.
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis reviews of non-conformances and lessons learned sessions.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, or an equivalent technical degree and/or 5+ years direct professional experience in construction management focusing quality control & quality assurance (QA/QC) programs for data centers or mission critical construction projects.
- Experience with Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build construction programs and in contractor, consultant and vendor management.
- Experience in personnel management, and staffing and scheduling for construction projects.
- Experience in civil/structural, building envelope, mechanical, electrical, and building automation/management disciplines.
- Experience leading QA/QC and commissioning programs. Experience on utilizing Autodesk BIM360 Field software is preferable.
- Experience in mission critical power and cooling infrastructure or other critical systems, and the ability to apply that experience to current data center challenges.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, hands-on, start-up work environment.
- Occasional travel within EMEA and to US Headquarters are required.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Back to top